Sep 8, 2012

Opening Page

Opening Page by teshionx

Opening Page, a photo by teshionx on Flickr.
This would be my valuable moleskine!!! No, not because it is my first (and only one so far); It has seen my life through the precious 3 years of momhood till now..

This moleskine had startled me at first.. I had contemplated a lot about buying it at all.. I had just quit my job, and taken up drawing once again. I had already invested quite a bit in drawing supplies, and for a person who's not going to be getting any cheque back home, buying anything seems like a waste..

With $12 as its cost, when I bought it, I just didn't want to draw anything in it..

I purchased it in 2009, a little before my elder brat arrived. I drew a little, journalled a wee bit, and brought it to India that year.. It always intimidated me.. I left it here and went back to US, since I wasn't finding myself drawn to drawing much in it..

I re-discovered it here at mom's house when we moved back here, this year.. This time with the second brat in tow, I started drawing again in it.. This time, it came easily to me! I filled in all the blank pages too, and so there is not much of a chronology followed in the book..

Now it has become such a precious possession, for all little and big reasons, wonderfully filled with memories and events, I don't think $ 12 will ever matter again at all.. This is more valuable than the costliest camera that I could purchase for recording memories!!!

Welcome to my world! :)

2 comments:

Sue Pownall said...

How lovely that it is worth so much more than the cost.

Shalini said...

Yes Sue, it is definitely more precious.. Thanks for visiting..

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.