Oct 31, 2012

The Day before Sooryansh arrived..

Spread 25 by teshionx

Spread 25, a photo by teshionx on Flickr.
Oooh! The day - and the night - before my little Sooryansh arrived.. I was always with my sketchbook! I drew anything I could see.. Whenever I felt uneasy, I would draw! Whenever I needed to relax, I would draw! I even took my sketchbook to the Hospital.. I could not part with it when I was so tense and nervous!!

I drew the beanbag! And I drew my nurse when she was tucking me in the sheets and attaching all those monstrous monitors!! And I drew a slightly nervous Manu, while we waited for my pains to grow!
My nurse smiled and wondered aloud, "How do you do that with so much pain!?" and I couldn't help but wonder the same! But it had some meditative effect..

I felt as though art was my religion! I just submitted to it.. Sketching proved more powerful in relaxing me, than a few holy mantras would have.. Why why why didn't I recognize this power before!?

2 comments:

Haddock said...

This is really marvelous.
Carrying your sketch book everywhere is fine but this is really something. Maybe I will write a blog on you :-)

Shalini said...

Thank you Haddock! I am flattered!
Well, yes.. Though that sounded wierd, my hubby actually packed the sketchbook in my bag.. He knows the zen effect it has on me!

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.