Jun 13, 2010

Ripple - IF





This one is my submission for the Illustration Weekly's topic 'Ripple'.. I drew it out on a 3.5" by 2.5" card, as was instructed, and this one's towards the Gulf Oil spill.

I know, I have taken the lighter expression of the oil spill, but there is really absolutely nothing funny about the disaster.. It is heartbreaking to see how many animals have been affected by the horrors of the incident.. And the worst part is that we hear more of the bad news as each day progresses!

9 comments:

Johanna said...

NIce illustrations, the one with the fish is really funny, and the second one... Well, the situation in the Gulf is really horrible, yet sometimes humour is a great way to deal with horrible things. I think you did well.

Sally Taylor said...

Super! I especially like the one with the fish bowl.

Naarya said...

first one is very good. very thought provoking. poor sea creatures.

Unknown said...

These are both terrific! Well drawn and well painted. I sometimes use humor to deal with difficult situations too.

Shalini said...

Thank you all..

Timaree said...

Humor is the best medicine it's said. It makes people think outside the box and can sometimes cool hot tempers. Nice work.

IVYALLOVER said...

Ha love these! ♥

Alex said...

Totally felt it, great illustration :)

beckielboo said...

Absolutely caught my eye while looking at contributions for Ripple on Flickr. Unbelievably sad what is happening. Good work like yours goes a long way to emphasize the problem. I hope the fish bowl is in a frame by now!
Beckie